How is everything made?
Anna gets her inspirations from anywhere and everywhere. She saves prints, pins and ideas to Pinterest and files, then sketches them as napkins, tea towels and cocktail squares. She loves things with words, so some of her favorite sayings have naturally made it into the collection. Her mom Sally then digitizes the embroidery design in a special computer program. Anna then pulls thread colors, stitching out samples on their single head embroidery machine until she gets the perfect end result. Other than Anna and Sally, there are 6 other lovely people that work in production, making the beautiful linens for ANALI, our original brand of 25 years and now for Flax & Spool.
Where is it made?
We sew, embroider, and finish everything in our manufacturing facility in Redmond, WA. Where is Redmond? It is 20 minutes east of Seattle.
Why the name Flax & Spool?
Flax is what linen is made of and embroidery is made with a spool of thread. It also sounds super cool.
Can any design I see be embroidered onto any other type of product or size?
We do make and sew everything in house, so I am open to discussing if for a large project... just email me.
Do you do custom work?
We created Flax & Spool as a "buy as shown" collection... but I never say never. There will be a minimum amount for custom work... if you want a large quantity for an event or wedding I would be happy to work with you to make your special day even more special.
Are your products sold in stores?
Please email us for wholesale inquiries, we do sell to stores and look forward to working with you.
Do you have a storefront?
No we do not have a storefront... maybe some day. You can come to the warehouse at 18358 Redmond Way, Redmond, WA 98052, just email us before coming by.
Do you ever have sales?
Sure we do! Sign up for our emails so you can receive information about promotions, sales and new products. We only email on Mondays and on Fridays, we PROMISE that is it!
What kind of fabric do you use?
We use 100% European linen.
How should I care for my linens?
As a 100% natural fiber, linen has a relaxed feel and natural beauty. The fabric softens overtime with use and this quality is enhanced through washing. Linen increases in strength when wet, which is why it stands up to the rough and tumble of repeated laundering so well. For our customers that like to maintain the crisp quality of the linen, we suggest stain spot cleaning, washing on gentle or hand washing and line drying. you will need to finish with a hot, steam iron on the linen setting.
We recommend The Laundress, they are also a made in USA product and are great friends and supporters. Their laundry products are pretty darn amazing! Do not use bleach or detergents that have any bleach additives in them as it will break down and fade the fabric and possibly ruin the embroidery threads. Our embroidered linen stands up to repeated laundering when treated with care. The following washing cycles are recommended to be used:
- Machine wash cold up to 65°F with a mild detergent
- Place the items in a bag prior to putting them in the machine. These bags are generally used for delicates.
- Hand wash in cool to warm water.
- Natural fibers tend to wrinkle easily because they do not have the artificial elastic properties of synthetic materials.
- Never tumble-dry linen as this can over-dry the fibers and makes ironing more difficult.
- Linen naturally dries quickly so use the spin cycle and line dry.
- Never machine dry our embroideries because we use metallic threads.
Ironing and Storage:
- After drying, wrinkles will easily iron out on a steam setting or when lightly sprayed with water. Always iron linen when damp, first on the wrong side to eliminate creases and then on the right side if you wish to enhance the fabric's natural sheen. If the linen has already dried before ironing, use a water spray bottle to re-dampen it, especially on creases of wrinkled areas. A good steam iron set to the linen setting will work best.
- Whenever possible, store linen articles without folding... except where you want the fold. Linen tablecloths or long pieces of fabric store best rolled. Store linens in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight to avoid color fade.
- Fresh stains are much easier to remove than old ones, so take care of stains promptly.
- Blot up any excess liquid with a clean white cloth, I recommend using flour sack towels.
- Avoid rubbing the stained area with a linty terrycloth towel to keep fabric pilling to a minimum. Using a flat cloth, first dab at the stain with a bit of water. If it does not come out completely, I recommend the wash and stain bar or the stain solution but rub the bar of soap and solution with the four sack cloth, a tooth brush. I also recommend this stain brush. Scrub until the stain removes then spray with more water cleaning the soap or stain solution from the linen so the soap and stain does not set into the fabric. Then proceed with the washing instructions above.
What is your return policy?
We will accept returns within 30 days of order. Please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a return request form prior to sending back an item. All returned items must be unused and in original packaging. Damage/defect claims must be communicated within 14 business days of package arrival. Shipping costs and any damage resulting from returning goods are the responsibility of the customer and will not be reimbursed. Your credit card will be refunded as soon as we receive the merchandise back, but please allow processing time from your bank. Please send returns to:
Flax & Spool
Attn: Web Order Returns
18358 Redmond Way, Redmond WA 98052
Is everything on the website available now?
Yes, everything on the website is available now. We have designed this line to ship quickly. If we ever run out of fabric and we need to wait 1-2 weeks to send you the merchandise we will notify you.
When can I expect my order to arrive?
Domestic orders: We try our very best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. We ship orders within 1-3 business days from our office in Redmond, WA unless we notify you otherwise and your delivery speed is determined by shipping location and method. We use UPS and USPS for delivering shipments within the US. We also gladly offer free shipping on orders over $50. Flax & Spool is not responsible for any UPS or USPS delays, delivery errors, lost or stolen packages once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated. We are available to assist you in any way we can regarding your order and shipment. Please Call 425.577.0929 or email Anna at email@example.com for any further shipping inquiry.
International Orders We try our very best to ship your orders as quickly as possible. We ship orders within 1-3 business days from our office in Redmond, WA unless we notify you otherwise and your delivery speed is determined by shipping location and method. The recipient is responsible for all incurred taxes and customs duties. International deliveries are subject to local import duties and taxes which the receiver will be required to pay upon receipt. Flax & Spool is not responsible for customs issues or delays. We are not responsible for any UPS or USPS delivery errors, delays or lost or stolen packages once the package has been shipped and tracking updates have been generated. We are available to assist you in any way we can regarding your order and shipment. Please call 425.577.0929 or email Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org for any further international shipping inquiry.
Do you offer gift wrapping?
We do not offer gift wrapping at this time, we package the items very nicely. Every order is shipped with a recipe of the month and care cards.
What types of payment do you accept?
Flax & Spool process everything through Shopify, who accepts all major credit cards and you can also pay us through your PayPal account. If you prefer to contact us directly to place your order, you can call 425.577.0929 and we would be more than happy to receive your order over the phone, however the most secure way to purchase is through the website.
Is my information secure?
We do not share or sell any customer information with third parties. Our secure server provides maximum privacy.
Do you have a mailing list that I can be added to?
Yes, we only email you on Mondays and Fridays and we promise to make these emails super fun. Mondays you receive Happy Notes filled with unlimited amounts of information including new products and promotions.
Who should I contact for more information?
Please feel free to contact us at warehouse with any questions at 425.577.0929 or write to email@example.com.